Flynn's Hideaway Ranch
Flynn’s Hideaway Ranch marks a crossroads of history where time slows down and a sense of place sweeps you away. The gold rush of the 1860’s drew their ancestors to this spot.Today the Flynn family ranch has grown from the area homesteaded by their forefathers in 1869 to an expanse of farming and ranching lands.Reputable Red Angus cattle, responsive ranch horses, and picturesque landscapes are all part of what the Flynn family has been sharing with guests for over 50 years.
Proud stewards of the land, these civic-minded ranchers are preserving Montana frontier history, and working to keep Montana, Montana. Flynn’s 15,000-acre, 250-cow ranch is located in a pristine area less than an hour from Helena and a little over an hour from Bozeman. You’ll feel the power of “Big Sky Country” here on what we call the front porch to the Rockies.
- Daily riding on a variety of terrain – no head to tail riding here! Horseback riding geared to your level of interest with seasonal opportunity to gather and trail cattle.
- If you’d like to spend time out of the saddle there is hiking, target shooting, camera safari, bird watching or relaxing on the deck with a ranch dog at your side.
- Fishing on local streams, with the option for lessons and/or a guide.
- Historical tours of Diamond City ghost town with opportunities to pan for placer gold. A glimpse into this country’s rich past. Feel the history.Listen for echoes.
- Enjoy guided evening nature tours, watch for wildlife from scenic vantage points.
Meals are family-style in the spacious lodge. Guests average 4 to 8 per week, ten is the maximum.Accommodations are in one of four comfortable and tastefully decorated log cabins nestled in the meadow along Clear Creek, each with showers, refrigerators, and electric heat.
- The "Wrangler" is a new 2-bedroom cabin with windows facing where the horses are waiting for your arrival. Each bedroom has a double bed.
- The "Pathfinder" is a larger two-bedroom cabin with living room and bathroom. One bedroom has a double and the other a double and a single.
- The "Scout", a one-bedroom log cabin (double and a single bed) with private bath and den.
- The "Pioneer", is a remodeled bunkhouse with living, dining and large kitchen area as well as 1 ½bathrooms and two bedrooms. One bedroom has a double and the other a double and a single.