Guests not only enjoy the spirit of the family but also all the activities
that are associated with cattle ranching today.
Over a decade ago, Peggy Dulany drove down
the Ruby Road to the breath taking Centennial Valley. At the end
of the road, surrounded by magnificent views of five mountain ranges,
she saw a “For Sale” sign.
She immediately knew she wanted to ranch in this community of generational
ranchers. Today her ranch crew is in full support of her emphasis on
environmental stewardship and her commitment to being a good neighbor
and now they’ve put out the welcome mat for guests who come to
share their ranching way of life.
Vast and varied riding is the main attraction.
- All cattle work is done on horseback and there is riding available
every day on the 9,000 acre ranch.
- The J Bar L Ranch offers one of the best natural horsemanship riding
programs for all levels of riders.
- Beginners can learn here and advanced
riders can be challenged.
- The air is crisp and the hospitality is sincere. At almost 7000 feet
in elevation, summer temps are in the 80s with cool evenings and brisk
mornings. After a day of ranch activities guests enjoy cuisine that
is fresh, varied, and scrumptious. Featuring ranch-raised natural grass
fed beef that is tender and tasty.
Activities and Excursions. In addition to the traditional ranch
activities there other attractions:
- Elk Lake and Hidden Lake offer good fishing (and boat rental)
with Henry’s Lake and the famous Madison River an easy drive
from the ranch.
- Eighteen miles of the Red Rock River
wind thru the ranch drawing an incredible diversity of waterfowl
making it a bird watchers paradise. Furthermore, Red Rock Lakes National
Wildlife Refuge is located next to the ranch.
- Excursions to Yellowstone National Park
are encouraged as well as day trips to Virginia City or historic
- Working Ranch Guests stay in one of the ranch’s
restored Homesteads. Each beautifully restored Homestead is handsomely
furnished with attention to detail.
- There are two 1-bedroom cabins and one
2-bedroom cabin with kitchen and dining room. Each king sized bedroom
has a private bathroom, its own sitting area and deck.
- Fishermen, families, or wedding parties
enjoy this haven where they can connect with nature and the wild
beauty of the valley.
- Two larger wonderfully restored Homesteads
are available as Vacation Homes each sleeping 6 to 8 guests
- For those who want to be connected to the world, there is high speed
internet and FAX at the ranch headquarters.
+ Click Photos to Enlarge +