Montana Bunkhouses Working Ranch Vacations offer guests hands-on ranching experiences.
With over twenty Montana Cattle Ranches hosting guests, we offer a wide range of choices specializing in unique agri-tourism vacation opportunities on a personalized level.
Montana Ranch Country is known for its wide open spaces, nature’s beauty, and big helpings of old fashioned western hospitality.
As we move through our ranch seasons, you have year round opportunities to see and participate in our ranching way of life. We're more than guest ranches, we are a group of authentic cattle ranching families inviting you to join us for a vacation you’ll not soon forget.
The Interactive Map shows you the location of these Montana Working Ranches. Some are along the way to a National Park while others are in remote areas nestled in scenic landscapes.
After you have looked them over, contact Karen, she knows what each ranch offers and she can help you narrow your choices. Let her help you find the working cattle ranch offering activities that interest you in the scope and price range to fit your travel budget.
Ranch Activities vary by the season and while every ranch is unique, they all invite guests to do as much or as little as you choose while living the Old West Montana ranching way of life.
- Those seeking adventure may sign up for authentic cattle drives, trail rides, or a pack trip. Others may prefer to ride in the pickup and visit with the rancher on daily rounds to feed and care for livestock.
- Seasonal ranch activities include calving and lambing in the spring, riding herd health in the summer, and cheering for your favorite cowboy at a local rodeo.
- Gathering cattle and trailing them home is the highlight of the fall.
- There is horseback riding, bird watching, hiking and photography in every season.
- While ranchers do not always take the time to go fishing, we know where to find world class fishing streams. If you enjoy trout fishing let us point you to some of the finest trout waters in Montana located right out our back door.
One of the greatest things about our way of life is the interconnectedness of the ranching community—the way neighboring ranches help each other during a branding or cattle roundups, and then come together to celebrate at the rodeo and other special events. We look forward to introducing you to our friends and neighbors.
We invite you to come, be a Montanan for a week. Live the life we live everyday—ranching is not just a way to make a living, it is a life style. And sharing it keeps us from taking it for granted.